Thoughts

Life is an IceCream, Enjoy it before it melts

Why was it all ORANGE@ Convocation!!

And all it provides you is a page of size less then A4 sheet but with a few words printed on it and A seal. and You turn in to an engineer out of nothing. Everybody agree that you have spent 4 tough (people outside say so ) years in IIT (I say it is the time we get to rest after giving JEE ).
But on that particular day when we were handed that gown of flashy orange color with a blue hood inverted up side down. I thought is this IIT or some art institute handing us these flashy gowns. In rehersal again they came upon us for 3 hours and forced us to sleep with there boring lectures even though I had a good night sleep the night before, but nothing can stop them from making us go to sleep. Finally the D-day arrived, it was Saturday morning , I left my home early at 7AM (if it would have been a regular seminar I would have bunked it , after all 7AM!!! ) collected my gown , had a hand to hand with other students in crowd to collect my gown and write my name for photo, I must say how technologically advanced we may grow we Indians will always follow our culture and tradition of pushing each other and making a cluster instead of a queue.
So after the little photo session all of us went to our seats, and there the atmosphere was festive, when I saw that massive conovocation room full of students sitting (or jumping) at there places with those (flashy) gowns on them , it was something magical, And the professors incharge were moving around disciplining us in very beautiful robes of silk , looking like some kind of pope, or priest. but with and Indian touch.
It may sound funny but I thought I was standing in Hogwart having some kind of magical ceremony going on (only fire and magical wand was missing ). All students sat in silence and all of a sudden some vedic chanting started and everybody was standing waiting for some kind of incantation, groups of professors all flaunting there silky shiny robes entered and in complete silence minus some vedic chanting at the back enterd the hall from different pints and settled into their positions and then the elite group of the Director , chairman and chief guest entered and I thought as if Prof. Dumbledore has entered in with other renown wizards around.
The whole process of vedic chanting, the dresses and the pin drop silence by the people there was giving a mesmerizing effect. For the first time it felt like I am a part of very special place and that I have some responsibility towards this college, this country and towards mankind at large. I will give the details of the event in my next blog..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.